April 04, 2013

“Not altering my personality for the sake of fitting in”



          I tweeted this in my personal twitter account to portray how I really felt during the last pageant I participated. I begin to understand that I always struggle to put myself in the center of society. I don’t want to be those attention-seekers who always have to say in everything and just fake it to make it. I’ve always wanted to be true to who I am and that way I can feel comfortable at the most. Most people would find it difficult to “mingle” with me because of how self-conscious I am. That is the thing. It is indeed hard to break my self-sonsciousness and I guess, people respond it negatively. I am cool to be around with but I just don’t want to put myself all out there, you know I’m saying? It’s almost inexplicable to elaborate that kind of feeling.

          I am hardly clueless why I have become so stiff in making friends and it turns out to be quite a torture for me. It is almost like I am not comfortable enough with anything, I don’t how to act, to talk or even to laugh in front of them. I mean, it’s definitely a personal issue and I wouldn’t blame anyone to take the guilt. It is so confusing to know that I go through this kind of issue when in fact during the first pageant I joined , I earned “The Best Congeniality”. It just hits me real hard to have known this. I know that these couple of months, I don’t socialize much and i spend most of my times in home, scribbling, surfing the internet, tweeting and all that pretty self-involved activites. By encountering this, I gather the urge to get this problem solved. I need to get back and be a normal social person. Hashtag POUW!

No comments:

Post a Comment